- 1 lb crabmeat, fresh and drained
- ½ cup italian dried breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard (grainy mustard)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-½ to 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning, or 1-½ to 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour or ¼ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ½ cup butter
We've an abundance of crabs in coastal Louisiana. I know no one who has ever turned one of these down.
1. Mix together first 12 ingredients, combining to evenly mix; shape into 6 patties.
2. Coat with flour or breadcrumbs. Chill at least 1 hour.
3. Bring butter to a sizzle in large skillet; cook on low heat 4 to 7 minutes on each side until golden.
Notes from first use:
1) Milk may not be necessary
2) Add enough breadcrumbs to get proper consistency
3) Chill, *then* make into cakes
4) Cook at medium or medium-high, *not* low
Creole Crab Cakes. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.