- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup scallions, cut pea sized
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in hot water
- 6 ounces ham, cut in 1/4" cubes
- 4 ounces fresh shrimp, cut in 1/4" cubes
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon shaosing wine
- ⅓ cup green peas
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice, cold
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1. Cut mushrooms into 1/4-inch squares. Combine them with scallions and ham into a bowl; set aside. Mix shrimp with 1/2 tsp cornstarch and 1/2 tsp shaosing wine; chill. Mix soy sauces, sugar, and white pepper; set aside. Break up lumps in cooked rice.
2. Heat wok over high heat. Swirl in 2 tbls oil for frying. When oil is hot, pour half the egg mixture into wok and swirl it around, spreading it into a thin pancake. Turn pancake when it is set. remove from pan before it is golden brown. cook remaining egg mixture in the same manner. Cut pancakes into 1/3-inch squares. Set aside.
3. Heat wok over high heat. Add remaining 2 tbls oil for frying. When oil is hot, add scallions, mushrooms, and ham. Stir fry for about 30 seconds. Add shrimp mixture. Stir fry until shrimp turns whitsih (less than 20 seconds). Add peas. Stir in sauce mixture. Mix well. Add rice and egg squares. Stir fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until rice is throughly hot. Swirl in sesame seed oil. Mix well. Put on a serving platter. Serve hot.
NOTES : Cook the rice a day in advance and refrigerate.