- 3 cups cubed red potatoes, skin intact
- ¾ cup minced red bell pepper
- ½ cup minced celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
1. In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook potatoes until tender (about 20 minutes). Drain and chill for 20 minutes.
2. In a salad bowl combine red bell pepper, celery, green onions, vinegar, oil, gingerroot, honey, lemon juice, hoisin sauce, and cayenne. Add chilled potatoes and toss well. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes more.
3. Serve at room temperature.
NOTES : Here is a potato salad that will certainly wake up your taste buds. It combines cooked chunks of red potatoes, red bell pepper, and celery with a spicy Chinese dressing of rice vinegar, sesame oil, and gingerroot. The dressing can be made up to five days ahead of time and refrigerated until needed. Plan enough time to chill the potatoes after cooking. Spicy Chinese Potato Salad is a good choice for a picnic potluck, or it can be served with a light beef entree such as Stir-fried Beef With Asparagus and Snow Peas (recipes included in this cookbook).
International Cuisine, Low Calorie, Low Cholesterol, Low Sodium, Side Dishes