- 1 ½ lbs. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup dark honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 ½ tsp powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
1. Dissove instant coffee in 1 tsp hot water.
2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, honey, and eggs until very smooth. Add the vanilla, flour, and cornstarch and continue to beat until very smooth. Add the heavy cream, cloves, and allspice and beat well. Add the coffee paste to the cheese mixture and beat until very smooth. Pour into a well-buttered springform pan and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour. When done, turn off the oven and allow the cake to remain in the closed oven for 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Carefully remove the sides of the springform pan and transfer the cake to a serving dish. If desired, decorate the top of the cake with the powdered sugar or whipped cream and serve.
NOTES : Equipment: 9 inch springform pan