- 1 cup freshly grated coconut
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped and firmly packed
- 1 hot green chile
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds, dry roasted
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 30 oz. frozen peas
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
1. Coarsely grind the sesame seeds; mix them in a bowl with the coconut, parsley, green chili, salt, sugar, and black pepper. Rub with your hands to mix thoroughly.
2. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a heavy saucepan. Add the peas. Bring to a boil again. Cover and cook 2 minutes. Empty the peas into a colander and drain away the water. Melt the butter in the same saucepan over a low flame. Add the peas and stir them around in the butter. Add the coconut-parsley mixture and mix gently. Cover the saucepan and steam the peas on very low heat for about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir once or twice as the peas steam.