- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 lb. beef, cut into thin, bite-sized strips
- 6 fresh or dry kaffir lime leaves
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- 3 tbsps palm sugar
- 2-½ tbsps fish sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup ground roasted peanuts
- ½ cup sweet basil leaves, or 1 tbs dried basil leaves
- 1 fresh chili, seeded and cut into strips
1. Put the coconut milk into a sauce pan over medium heat add the curry paste and slowly bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
2. Put in the beef, and cook for five minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the lime leaves, stock, sugar, fish sauce, salt and peanuts. Add this to the curried beef, and simmer about 15 minutes.
4. Add the basil and chili, stir well, and remove from the heat.
Thai Coconut Curry