- 2 ¼ cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 ½ lbs. cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups canned blueberry pie filling
1. Crust: In a medium-size bowl, combine the vanilla wafer crumbs, sugar, and butter. Blend well with fingers, fork, or pastry blender. Press or pat the mixture onto the bottom and sides of a well-buttered 9-inch springform pan. Pour the blueberries onto the bottom of the crust, then chill in the freezer or refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
2. Filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and eggs until very smooth. Add the vanilla and heavy cream and continue to beat until smooth. Pour into the chilled pan. Place the springform pan inside of a larger pan containing 1 inch of water and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1-1/2 hours. Transfer the cake to a wire rack and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
3. Topping: Spread the blueberry pie filling and topping evenly over the top of the cake and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Carefully remove the sides of the springform pan and refrigerate the cake overnight. Remove from the refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.
NOTES : Equipment: 9-inch springform pan, bain-marie pan