- 28 oz. can whole peeled tomatoes
- 5 tbsps butter
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
Adapted from “Spoon Fed” by Kim Severson
1. Combine the tomatoes, their juices, the butter and the onion halves in a saucepan. Add a pinch or two of salt.
2. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, for about 45 minutes. Stir occasionally, mashing any large pieces of tomato with a spoon. Add salt as needed.
3. Discard the onion before tossing the sauce with pasta. This recipe makes enough sauce for a pound of pasta.
Italian, Pasta, Pasta & Pasta Sauces