- 11 vanilla sandwich cream cookies, crushed
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 ½ lbs. cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cups light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 5 tsp cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cups chopped pecans
- 11 caramel candies
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- ½ cup chopped pecans
1. Crust: In a small bowl stir together crushed cookies and melted butter until well combined. Press crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom of a well-buttered 9 inch springform pan. Chill.
2. Filling: In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, syrup, and cornstarch. Beat with an electric mixer till smooth. Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract. Stir in 2/3 cup pecans. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Lower the temperature to 225 degrees and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the center no longer looks wet or shiny. Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan. Turn the oven off; return the cake to the oven for an additional 1 hour. Chill, uncovered, overnight.
4. Topping: Sprinkle the 1/2 cup of toasted pecans over the cheesecake. In the top of a double boiler melt the caramels. Stir in sour cream. Drizzle over pecans.
Cheesecake, Roundeye, Vegetarian, Vegetarian Dishes