- 1 ½ cups chocolate wafer cookies, crumbled
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, finely ground
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ lb. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ lbs. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sour cream
- ¾ cups macadamia nuts, chopped
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, whole
1. Crust: In a medium-size bowl, combine the chocolate wafer crumbs, ground macadamia nuts, cinnamon, and butter. Blend well with fingers, fork, or pastry blender. Press or pat the mixture onto the bottom and sides of a well-buttered 9 inch springform pan. Chill in the freezer or refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Filling: Dissolve instant coffee in 1tsp of hot water. In a large bowl, beat the sugar and eggs until light and smooth, then beat in the cream cheese. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and add to the mixture. Add the dissolved instant coffee, the cocoa, and the vanilla and continue to beat until very smooth. Beat in the sour cream and chopped macadamia nuts. Mix in the butter, then pour the mixture into the chilled springform pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, then chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
3. Topping: Prepare chocolate curls by melting the chocolate, then spreading it thinly on a sheet of wax paper, and refrigerating it for 30 minutes. Then, with a flat knife scrape the chilled chocolate into long curls and cut them into 2-inch lengths.
4. When almost ready to serve, remove the sides of the springform pan, then decorate the top of the cake with chipped cream, chocolate curls, and whole macadamia nuts.