- 1 lb. skinless boneless chicken breast
- 2 egg whites
- 4 tsps cornstarch
- ⅔ cups peanut oil
- ⅔ cups chicken stock
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tsps sugar
- 4 tsps light soy sauce
- 4 tsps shaosing wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 dried hot red chili peppers
- 2 tsps cornstarch
- 2 tsps water
1. Cut the chicken strips into strips 3 inches long. Combine the chicken with the egg whites and 4 tsps cornstarch in a bowl, and chill it in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. Mix together 2 tsp cornstarch and 2 tsp water in a small bowl; set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a wok until it is moderately hot. Add the chicken strips and stir them quickly in the oil to keep them from sticking. Cook the strips until they turn white (this takes about 1 minute). Drain the breasts immediately in a colander or sieve.
3. Wipe the wok clean and reheat it. Add all the sauce ingredients except for the constarch mixture. Simmer for 1 minute. Return the chicken strips to the sauce and stir fry them long enough to coat them all well with the sauce. Turn onto a platter and serve at once.
Serving Ideas : Serve with rice.