- 4 dried chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 20 ounces boned and skinned chicken breast halves
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- 6 serrano peppers, cut lengthwise
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups holy basil leaves
1. Soak the dried chil peppers in hot water for about 15 minutes, until soft. Drain and chop into small pieces. Reserve 1 tsp and set aside. Slice serranos lengthwise into quarters. Slice chicken into thin, bite-sized pieces.
2. Heat a well-seasoned wok over high heat and add the oil. When oil is hot, add the garlic and chili peppers. Saute until the garlic is light brown.
3. Quickly add the chicken, white pepper, and serranos. Stir fry for 10 seconds. Add the oyster sauce and sugar. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until the chicken is medium done. Add the basil leaves and stir fry for another 10 seconds. Serve immediately.
Serving Ideas : Serve over rice.