- 1 inch ginger root, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red thai curry paste
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 3 whole chicken breasts, without skin, cut in 2" cubes
- ½ lb. broccoli
- 8 scallions
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- ½ red onion, minced
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ¾ cups coconut milk, thick
1. In a food processor, process the ginger, garlic and curry paste until smooth. Add the coconut cream and give the blade another few turns. Place the chicken in a bowl. Pour over the curry/cream mixture and marinate for at least 30 minutes (or overnight).
2. Mix together the peanut butter, sugar, cayenne, fish sauce, and coconut milk in a bowl. Set aside.
3. In a pot, boil the broccoli and scallions in just enough water to cover for 3 minutes. Drain well and place on a heated platter.
4. In a wok, heat the oil and fry the onion until golden. Add the marinated chicken with its marinade and stir fry to just brown the chicken. Add the remaining ingredients, stir to coat the chicken well and continue until a thick sauce has formed and the chicken is tender. Lift the chicken pieces and lay on the warmed bed of greens. Pour the sauce over and serve with rice.
Marinate the chicken the night before.