- 2 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ lbs. cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup seedless raisins
- ½ cup apple pie filling
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup walnuts, finely chopped
1. Crust: In a medium-size bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Blend well with fingers, fork, or pastry blender. Press or pat the mixture onto the bottom and sides of a well-buttered 9" springform pan. Chill in the freezer or refeigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and eggs until very smooth. Add the vanilla, heavy cream, and sour cream and continue to beat until smooth. Fold in the raisins and apple pie filling. Pour the mixture into the chilled pan. Place the 9" springform pan inside of a larger pan containing 1 inch of water and bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 1-1/2 hours. Transfer the cake to a wire rack and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
3. Topping: In a small mixing bowl, beat the sour cream and cinnamon sugar until smooth. Spread the mixture evenly over the top of the cake and bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 5 minutes. Transfer the cake to a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Carefully remove the sides of the springform pan and decorate the top of the cake with chopped walnuts. Transfer to a serving dish and either serve immediately or refrigerate.
NOTES : uses a 9" springform pan in a bain marie; original recipe calls for "2 Tb cinnamon sugar" in the topping