- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ lbs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ tsp powdered sugar
1. Crust: In a small mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Blend well with fingers, fork, or pastry blender. Press or pat the mixture onto the bottom of a well-buttered 10-inch springform pan. Chill in the freezer or refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
2. Filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and 1 egg until very smooth. Add the remaining 3 eggs, the sour cream, and the heavy cream and beat until smooth. Pour the mixture into the chilled springform pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1-1/4 hours. When done, turn off the oven and allow the cake to cool in the open oven for 1 hour. Then remove the cake from the oven and place it on a wire rack until completely cooled. Refrigerate for about 2 hours. Remove the sides of the springform pan and sprinkle the top of the cake with the powdered sugar before serving.
NOTES : Equipment: 10-inch springform pan
Cheesecake, Roundeye, Vegetarian, Vegetarian Dishes
Traditional Cheesecake. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.