- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium cucumbers, pared and sliced very thin
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- ¼ cup minced fresh mint leaves
- 3 green onions, including crisp greens, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
Place tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, parsley, mint (if used), and green onion in a salad bowl. Beat together lemon juice, olive oil, and salt; pour over vegetables, toss, and serve.
NOTES : This simple, refreshing salad can be served at the same time as the shish kebab (or any other lamb dish) or afterward to cleanse the palate before dessert. Dieters may even omit the oil, if desired.
Tomato, Green Pepper, and Cucumber Salad. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.