- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 20 oz. chicken thighs, boned and skinned
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ginger, slivered
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- 8 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked
- 5 scallions, cut in 1" strips
- 2 red serrano chili peppers, seeded and slivered
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
1. Slice onion thinly pole-to-pole into slivers. Stem and slice mushrooms. Mix together vinegar, fish sauce, and sugar in a bowl.
2. Heat the oil in a wok and fry the onions until limp. Add the garlic and fry, stirring, for 2 additonal minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove onions and garlic and set aside. Now, to the same wok, add the chicken and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the soy sauce, ginger, and 2/3 of the mint leaves and mix together. Add the mushrooms, scallions, and chiles, and return the onions and garlic and continue cooking until the chicken is tender, stirring and turning the bird pieces. After a few minutes, when the chicken is just cooked, quickly season with rice vinegar, sugar and fish sauce and remove from heat. Decorate with the remaining 1/3 of the mint leaves and serve hot with rice.
Serving Ideas : Serve over rice.
Thai Ginger Chicken Stir Fry. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.