- 45 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 packages cream cheese
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, extra large
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1. Crust: In medium-sized bowl, stir together ingredients for crust. Line bottom of springform pan with baking parchment. Attach sides of pan. Press crust mixture into bottom of pan and up sides of pan to within 1 inch of top. Set aside.
2. Filling: In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add brown sugar and mix until smooth. Mix in flour, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice. Mix in vanilla, eggs, and pumpkin. Pour over crust.
3. Bake at 350 F for 60 minutes and bake for 1 hour or till the center no longer looks wet or shiny. Turn off oven and leave cake in for an additional hour. Chill, uncovered, overnight.
4. Praline Topping: In small saucepan, mix water and sugar. Over low heat, stir constantly until all the sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to medium and boil without stirring until mixture turns light golden brown (about 6 minutes). Quickly add pecans and spread in a layer on wax paper. Let cool. Spread tablespoon of light corn syrup on top of cooled cheesecake and then crumble the cooled praline on top of cheesecake.
5. Chill till serving time. Makes 12 to 18 slices.
Reportedly terrible. Haven't made it myself.
Ted's Pumpkin Cheesecake. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.