- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 lbs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 eggs
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon brandy extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 ½ cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup Amaretto
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1. Crust: In a small mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Blend well with fingers, fork, or pastry blender. Press or pat the mixture onto the bottom of a well-buttered 9 inch springform pan. Chill in the freezer or refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
2. Filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and heavy cream until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, making sure that the mixture is smooth after beating in each egg. Add the lemon juice, brandy extract, sour cream, vanilla, and flour and continue to beat until very smooth and creamy. Fold in the chopped strawberries. Pour the mixture into the chilled springform pan and bake in a preheated 425 degree F oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 275 degrees and continue to bake for 1 hour. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool for 3 hours.
3. Topping: In a medium-size bowl, marinate the strawberries in the Amaretto and sugar for about 3 to 4 hours. Spread the prepared strawberries evenly over the top of the cake and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 7 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely for about 2 hours. Remove the sides of the springform pan and refrigerate overnight. Remove the cake from the refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.
NOTES : Equipment: 9 inch springform pan
Cheesecake, Roundeye, Vegetarian, Vegetarian Dishes
Strawberry-Amaretto Cheesecake. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.