- 1 lb. skinless boneless chicken breast
- 2 egg whites
- 1 ⅓ tbsp cornstarch
- 1 ⅓ cups peanut oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp black vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili bean sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 ⅓ tbsp shaosing wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon ground flower peppercorns
- 1 ⅓ tbsp scallions, minced
1. Cut the chicken breasts into fine shreds 3 inches long. Combine them with the egg white and cornstarch, and chill for about 20 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a wok until it is moderately hot. Add the chicken mixture and stir fry it quickly in the oil to keep it from sticking. Cook until it turns white, which should take about 1 minute. Drain the chicken immediately in a colander or sieve and drain off the oil.
3. Clean the wok and add about 1 tbsp of the drained oil. Reheat it until it is hot. Add the sesame seeds and stir fry them for 1 minute or until they are slightly brown. Then add the sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Return the cooked chicken to the pan and stir fry the mixture for another 2 minutes, coating the pieces thoroughly with the sauce and sesame seeds. Serve at once, or let it cool and serve at room temperature.
Serving Ideas : Serve over rice.
Strange Taste Chicken. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.