- 5 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, shredded
- 8 ounces pork, cut matchstick sized
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 ounces fresh shrimp, cut in 1/4" cubes
- 1 teaspoon shaosing wine
- ⅓ egg white
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ lb. rice sticks, soaked
1. Drain rice sticks and cut once or twice with scissors. Mix pork and cornstarch in one bowl, shrimp, shaosing wine, and egg white in another. In a third bowl, mix soy sauces, oyster sauce, and sugar. Set all aside.
2. Heat wok over high heat. Swirl in 1 tbl oil. When oil is hot, pour in beaten eggs and spread into a thin pancake. Turn pancake when it is set. Do not brown. Remove from wok and cut pancake into strips 1/4 inch wide and 3 inches long. Set aside.
3. Heat wok over high heat. Swirl in remaining 4 tbls oil. When oil is hot, slightly brown garlic. Add scallions and pork mixture. Stir fry until pork loses its pink color. Add shrimp mixture and stir fry until it just turns whitish. Drop in bean sprouts. Mix well. Stir in sauce mixture. Turn heat to medium. Add rice sticks and shredded eggs. Mix well by constant tossing and stirring. Stir fry for about 2 minutes or until rice sticks are thoroughly hot. Put on a serving platter. Serve hot.
Stir Fried Rice Sticks with Pork and Shrimp. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.