- 2 dried chili peppers
- 18 large scallops
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ½ lb. bamboo shoots, sliced into wedges
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- 6 serrano peppers, sliced lengthwise
- 4 scallions, cut in 2" lengths
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups holy basil leaves
1. Soak the chili peppers in hot water for about 15 minutes, until soft. Drain and chop into small pieces. Reserve 1 tsp and set aside. Slice bamboo shoots into wedges about 3/4 by 3 inches. Slice scallions lengthwise into quarters.
2. Using a large strainer to hold the scallops, parboil half of them for 3 seconds. Drain well and set aside. Repeat with other half.
3. Heat a well-seasoned wok over high heat and add the oil. When oil is hot, add the garlic and chili peppers. Stir fry until the garlic turns light brown, being careful not to let it burn.
4. Add the scallops, bamboo shoots, white pepper, and chili peppers. Stir fry for several seconds. Add the scallions, oyster sauce, and sugar. Stir fry for 2 minutes, until the scallops are almost done. Add the basil leaves and stir fry for another 10 seconds, until the leaves are wilted. Serve immediately.
Serving Ideas : Serve over rice.
Scallops with Holy Basil. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.