- 1 lb. pasta
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, large
- 1 cup basil leaves, packed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
1. Combine in a small saucepan the chopped tomatoes, 1 clove garlic, and 6 basil leaves. Add enough water to cover; bring to a boil, remove from the heat, and let stand for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large pot, start the water for the pasta boiling.
2. Put the large clove garlic, the cup of basil leaves, the olive oil, and the cheese into a blender. Purée it to a paste.
3. When the water is boiling, add the pasta. While it is cooking, the tomato mixture should finish cooling off. Drain it, and add it to the blender; purée again. Near the end of the pasta-cooking process, scoop out 1/2 cup of pasta water, and add it to the ingredients in the blender. Blend well, and add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Drain the pasta, throw it back in the pot, and mix in the sauce from the blender.
Main Course, Pasta & Pasta Sauces, Roundeye
Red Pesto Sauce. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.