- 1 ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup mixed nuts, finely chopped
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- ¾ cups sliced almonds
1. Crust: In a medium-size bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, chopped mixed nuts, sugar, and butter. Blend well with fingers, fork, or pastry blender. Press or pat the mixture onto the bottom and sides of a well-buttered 9-inch springform pan. Chill in the freezer or refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
2. Filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, heavy cream, salt, and almond extract until very smooth and creamy. Pour into the chilled pan. Place the springform pan inside of a larger pan containing 1 inch of water and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1-1/2 hours. Transfer the cake to a wire rack and allow to cool for 2 hours.
3. Topping: Spread the raspberry preserves evenly over the top of the cake, then decorate with sliced almonds. Carefully remove the sides of the springform pan and transfer the cake to a serving dish. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
NOTES : Equipment: 9-inch springform pan, bain-marie pan
Cheesecake, Roundeye, Vegetarian, Vegetarian Dishes
Raspberry-Almond Cheesecake. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.