- 1 ½ inches ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp water
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 inches cinnamon stick
- 8 cardamom pods
- 4 cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 ½ oz. onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 canned plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 lbs. chicken pieces, skinned & chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
1. Put the ginger, garlic, and 3 tbsps water in the container of an electric blender. Blend until you have a smooth paste.
2. Put the oil in a wide frying pan or sauté pan and set over high heat. When the oil is very hot, put in the bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom pods, cloves, and cumin seeds. Stir once or twice and put in the onion. Stir and fry for about 3 minutes or until the onion turns brownish. Put in the paste from the blender, and the ground coriander and ground cumin and fry for a minute. Put in the chopped tomatoes and fry for another minute. Put in the chicken, cayenne, salt, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil. Cover, turn the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes, turning the chicken pieces over now and then. Remove the cover, add the cream, and cook on high heat for another 7 to 8 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Stir gently as you do this.
Indian, Main Course
Quick Chicken Korma. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.