- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tsp shallots, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
1. Combine the wine, vinegar, tarragon, shallots and pepper in a skillet. Bring to a boil and cook rapidly until almost all the liquid disappears.
2. In a small saucepan heat the butter to bubbling, but do not brown.
3. Place the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and cayenne in the container of an electric blender. Cover the container and flick the motor on and off at high speed. Remove the cover, turn the motor on high and gradually add the hot butter.
4. Add the herb mixture, cover and blend on high speed four seconds.
Quick & Easy, Roundeye
Quick Béarnaise Sauce. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.