- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, finely minced
- 4 oz. ground pork
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tsp ground bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tablespoon shaosing wine or dry sherry
- 1 lb. tofu, cut in 1/2" cubes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 scallions, cut the size of peas
- ¼ teaspoon flower peppercorns, ground
- ¼ cup green peas
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
1. Mix together 1 tsp cornstarch, 1tsp water, and 1tsp sesame oil in a bowl. In another bowl, mix cayenne, ground bean sauce, chili bean sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar, and shaosing wine.
2. Heat wok over high heat. Swirl in oil. When oil is hot, slightly brown ginger. Add pork and stir-fry until it is no longer red. Stir in sauce mixture. Cook and stir constantly for 10 seconds. Add tofu. Mix well. Turn heat to low. Pour in broth, cover, and cook over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in cornstarch water. Cook and stir constantly until sauce is thickened.
3. Add scallions, peas, and peppercorn powder. Mix well. Put on a serving platter. Serve hot.
Serving Ideas : Serve over rice.
Chinese, International Cuisine
Pockmarked Woman's Spiced Bean Curd. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.