- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dried chili pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, slightly crushed
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced, or 1/2 tsp dried
- black pepper
- 1 lb penne, or other cut pasta
- 6 oz. tuna in oil
- 2 tbsps capers
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it. Put the oil in a large skillet over medium‐high heat. When hot, add the chiles and garlic and cook, stirring, until the garlic turns brown (this is a somewhat strong‐tasting sauce), about a minute.
2. Remove and discard the chiles and garlic and add the tomatoes. Cook, stirring, until the tomatoes begin to liquefy, about 5 minutes; add the rosemary and a good sprinkling of salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes, then stir in the tuna, capers, and most of the parsley. Simmer for a few minutes.
3. Cook the pasta in the boiling water. Drain the pasta when it is tender but not mushy, then toss it with the sauce and remaining parsley. Serve immediately.
Fish and Seafood, Italian, Italian Dishes, Pasta, Pasta & Pasta Sauces, Pasta Dishes, Seafood
Penne with Tomato-Tuna Sauce. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.