- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 8.5 oz. sun-dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
2. Meanwhile, blend the sun-dried tomatoes and their oil, garlic, salt and pepper, to taste, and basil in a food processor and blend until the tomatoes are finely chopped. Transfer the tomato mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the Parmesan.
3. Add the pasta to the pesto and toss to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta, to taste, with salt and pepper and serve.
Vegetarian, Vegetarian Dishes
Penne with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.