- 3 cups peas, (frozen are fine, no need to defrost)
- 1 cup stock or water, as needed
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
1. Put peas in a pan with just enough stock or water to come half way up their height. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until peas are bright green and tender. Put all but 1 cup of peas in a food processor or blender, and add just enough cooking liquid to start purée. When purée is relatively smooth, transfer it to a bowl and stir in remaining cup of peas.
2. Add pine nuts, cheese, garlic, mint and olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; taste and adjust seasoning, then thin with more liquid if necessary. Serve or refrigerate.
Vegetarian, Vegetarian Dishes
Pea Dip with Parmesan. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.