- 1 lb. rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup oil
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup chili radish, sliced
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 1 cup peanuts, ground and roasted
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup scallion, sliced
- 1 cup cilantro, sliced
1. Soak the rice noodles in lukewarm water for 1 hour, drain and set aside. Set wok over high heat, for 1 minute. Heat wok with 1 tablespoon of oil until sizzling hot and coat sides of wok evenly. Add eggs and fry, until eggs set, turn over and fry, until light brown on both sides. Remove from wok and slice thin, bite-size. Set aside.
2. Heat 1/4 cup of oil in wok until sizzling hot. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add meat, stir and cook, until meat is done, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add rice noodles and vinegar; cook until rice noodles soften. Add eggs, and the next five ingredients, stir to blend. Remove to serving plate. Add bean sprouts to wok, toss and cook for 30 seconds over high heat. Pour over noodles and garnish with green onion and cilantro.
Can substitute pork, beef or chicken for the shrimp, or use a combination.
International Cuisine, Main Course, Pasta & Pasta Sauces, Thai
Pad Thai 2. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.