- 6 medium sized carrots
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- 1 whole red onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Olive oil
- 1 dash Dash of ground turmeric
- 1 dash Dash of ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons parsley, freshly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Extra olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Carrots can be a bit boring, but the dressing and spices in this recipe give a tangy flavor to the carrots. Great with any grilled meat.
1. Wash, peel and cut the carrots into thin slices. Steam or cook in a little salted water until just tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat a little olive oil in a skillet and over low heat sauté the onion and garlic until soft. Add the turmeric, cumin, brown sugar, parsley and lemon. Add a little more olive oil if necessary. Mix through and pour over the carrots, season with salt and pepper and set aside for at least 1 hour for the flavors to blend. Serve.
Moroccan Carrot Salad. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.