- 4 lbs. lump crabmeat, cleaned
- 1 ½ cups green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups yellow onion, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread crumbs
1. Saute peppers and onions in butter until onions are transparent. Completely cool mixture before adding to the crab meat. Add remaining ingredients except for the bread crumbs, stirring lightly to keep crab lumps together. Add the bread crumbs slowly until most of the moisture is soaked up.
2. Scoop into 2-ounce portions and form into cakes, then lightly press into toasted bread crumbs.
3. Saute in oil at 350 degrees F until cakes are brown and heated in middle.
American Classics, Appetizers, Fish and Seafood
Maryland Style Crab Cakes. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.