- 1 ¾ cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- ½ cup walnuts, ground
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 cup walnuts, finely ground
1. Crust: In a medium-size bowl, combine the vanilla wafer crumbs, finely ground walnuts, sugar, and butter. Blend well with fingers, fork, or pastry blender. Press or pat the mixture onto the bottom and sides of a well-buttered 9-inch springform pan. Chill in the freezer or refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
2. Filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and salt until smooth. Add the maple flavoring, heavy cream, and milk and continue to beat until very smooth and creamy. Pour the mixture into the chilled pan. Place the springform pan inside of a larger pan containing 1 inch of water and bake in a preheated 325 degree F oven for 1-1/2 hours. Transfer the cake to a wire rack and allow to cool for about 30 minutes.
3. Topping: In a small mixing bowl, beat the sour cream, sugar, and maple syrup until smooth. Spread the mixture evenly over the top of the cake and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Carefully remove the sides of the springform pan and decorate the top of the cake with ground walnuts. Refrigerate overnight. Remove the cake from the refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.
NOTES : Equipment: 9 inch springform pan, bain-marie pan
Not great - needs more sugar, and texture is too creamy/mushy.
Maple-Walnut Cheesecake. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.