- 2 cups honey graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup walnuts, ground
- 6 tbsp tbsps unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup honey
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup walnuts, finely ground
1. Crust: In a medium-size bowl, combine the honey graham cracker crumbs, finely ground walnuts, sugar, and butter. Blend well with fingers, fork, or pastry blender. Press or pat the mixture onto the bottom and sides of a well-buttered 9-inch springform pan. Chill in the freezer or refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
2. Filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, honey, and eggs until very smooth. Add the vanilla and heavy cream and continue to beat until very smooth. Fold in the chopped walnuts. Pour the mixture into the chilled pan. Place the springform pan inside of a larger pan containing 1 inch of water and bake in a preheated 325 degree F oven for 1-1/2 hours. Transfer the cake to a wire rack and allow to cool for about 30 minutes.
3. Topping: In a small mixing bowl, beat the sour cream and sugar until smooth. Spread the mixture evenly over the top of the cake and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Carefully remove the sides of the springform pan and decorate the top of the cake with ground walnuts. Transfer to a serving dish and either serve immediately or refrigerate.
NOTES : Equipment: 9 inch springform pan, bain-marie pan
Missing the amount of sugar in the crust - I'm guessing it's 6 tbs based on other recipes.
Honey-Walnut Cheesecake. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.