- 1 ¼ lbs. skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tsp ginger root, grated
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 whole green chiles, seeded and minced
- 1 ½ tbsp mustard oil
- ⅓ cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
1. Place chicken breasts between two layers of plastic wrap and pound lightly to an even thickness. Cut chicken along the grain into 2-inch wide strips. Place chicken meat in a small bowl. Add all other ingredients except coriander and mix well. Let chicken marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate for up to 2 days. Roll chicken pieces into pinwheels.
2. Heat a 10-inch browning skillet, uncovered, at 100 percent power in a 650- to 700-watt carousel microwave oven for 4 minutes. Remove from oven. Add chicken kabobs and cover with the lid. Brown kabobs, shaking and tilting the skillet to roll them on all their sides, for 1 minute. If you are using a regular microwave-safe covered skillet, then skip this step and simply arrange chicken pinwheels in it.
3. Cook at 100 percent power for 2 to 3 minutes (or until chicken is just cooked through and clear juices run when pierced with a skerwer), uncovering and turning them with tongs once. Remove from oven and let kabobs rest for 2 minutes, then lift, one at at time, and generously coat with chopped coriander and arrange on a heated serving platter. Accompany with the accumulated juices, heated at 100 percent power for 30 seconds (or until piping hot), in a small bowl.
NOTES : Murgh Malai Kabab. Can substitute olive oil for mustard oil. Also known as Chicken Sputnik.
Ginger Chicken Kabob. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.