- 10 oz. frozen fordhook lima beans
- 1 head swiss chard
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- ½ cup dill, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
1. Defrost the lima beans slightly under warm running water, enough to separate them.
2. Separate the Swiss chard leaves and wash them well. Lay them side by side and cut them, crosswise, at 1/2-inch intervals all the way from the leafy sections to the bottom of the stems.
3. Heat the butter in a heavy, wide, casserole-type pot over a medium flame. When the butter has melted and is frothing, put in the onion. Stir and sauté for a minute. Add the lima beans. Stir and sauté another minute. Put in the Swiss chard and the dill. Stir and sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Add the salt and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a simmer. Cover tightly, lower heat and simmer gently for about 15 minutes or until chard is cooked.
NOTES : can use 1-1/2 tsps dried dill instead of fresh
Frozen Lima Beans Braised w/ Swiss Chard & Dill. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.