- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 lb. oysters, drained & patted dry
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried shrimp powder
- 2 whole limes, juiced
- 2 whole scallions, cut into thin sliver
- 2 whole red serrano chili peppers, seeded & slivered
- 2 whole limes, thinly sliced
Heat the oil over medium high heat in a wok and fry the garlic and ginger until the garlic is golden. Add the oysters and stir-fry for about 2 minutes. Remove the oysters with a slotted spoon to a serving dish. Turn heat to low and fry the curry paste for 2 minutes. Season the paste with sugar and fish sauce and stir in the shrimp powder and lime juice. continue frying and stirring for 1 more minute. Spoon the seasoned paste attractively over the oysters. Decorate with green onions and red chilis. Ring the platter with lime slices.
Serving Ideas : Serve accompanied with plain white rice.
International Cuisine, Main Course, Thai
Fried Oysters in Red Curry Paste. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.