- 4 whole chicken breasts without skin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Shaosing wine or dry sherry
- 2 tsp ginger root, finely minced
- ⅔ cups cornstarch
- 4 cups oil
1. Mix together the salt, sugar, five-spice powder, soy sauce, shaosing wine, and ginger root in a large bowl. Pound the chicken breasts with the back edge of a cleaver and cut into 1-1/2 by 2 inch pieces. Allow to marinate for an hour, turning from time to time.
2. Dredge chicken pieces in cornstarch. Heat oil in a wok over high heat to deep-fry temperature. Deep-fry chicken pieces, a few at a time, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with dipping sauces (I suggest Tonkatsu sauce, Korean Dipping Sauce, and Fish Sauce Seasoned with Lime Juice).
Serving Ideas : Serve with various dipping sauces
Chinese, International Cuisine
Five-Fragrance Chicken Pieces. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.