- 2 inches ginger root, peeled and grated
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup yogurt
- 4 lbs. chicken, cut up
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
1. Combine grated ginger, garlic, cumin seeds, cayenne pepper, salt and yogurt.
2. Put the chicken pieces in a foil-lined baking pan, pour over the yogurt mixture, and use your hands to coat the meat completely. Leave the chicken to marinate for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight.
3. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Dribble the oil over the chicken in the baking pan, and sprinkle the chicken with turmeric. Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 1 hour, basting frequently with the oil and yogurt marinade at the bottom of the pan.
Easy Tandoori Chicken. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.