- 2 lg avocados
- 2 limes, juiced
- ½ cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 16 fresh curry leaves
- kosher salt, to taste
- For the spice-perfumed butter:
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 8 chiles, seeded and minced
1. Cut the avocado in half. Remove the seed and scoop out the pulp with a spoon. Chop the pulp roughly. Blend in the lime juice, coriander, curry leaves, and salt. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. When it is hot, add the mustard seeds. Keep a pot lid handy, as the seeds may spatter and fly all over. When the spattering stops, add the garlic and let sizzle for 5 seconds. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until limp (about 3 minutes). Add the curry powder and chiles, mix, and continue cooking for 1 more minute. Add the avocado mixture and turn off the heat. Stir to mix all ingredients. Serve at room temperature.
NOTES : Can use any light vegetable oil for the coconut oil.
Indian, International Cuisine, Vegetarian Dishes
Curried Avocado with Garlic and Green Chiles. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.