- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 whole chicken breasts, with skin and bone
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger root, finely minced
- 2 onions, cut in narrow strips
- 2 tbsp curry paste
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tbsp shaosing wine or dry sherry
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 med potatoes, peeled
- ½ cup water
1. Cut potatoes into walnut-sized pieces.
2. Heat wok over high heat. Swirl in oil. When oil is hot, add chicken pieces. Pan fry until chicken skin turns golden. Remove chicken with drainer to bowl.
3. Reheat remaining oil in wok over medium heat. Drop in garlic, ginger, and oinion. Stir fry until garlic just turns golden. Swirl in sauce mixture. Stir and cook until sauce begins to bubble. Return chicken to wok. Add potatoes. Swirl in water. Mix well. Turn heat to low. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring and turning chicken pieces from time to time. When done, the chicken should be tender and the dish saucy. Serve hot.
Serving Ideas : Serve over rice.
Chinese, International Cuisine
Chinese Curried Chicken. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.