- 3 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 fresh serrano chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tbsps pork or ham, diced
- 4 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cooked shrimp
- 3 tbsps fish sauce
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 4 fresh red chiles, seeded and cut into flowers
Most Thai fried rice dishes are mild. For this reason they are popular with children and tourists. This dish, however, is intended for the aficionado, as it is quite spicy!
1. In a wok, heat the oil and fry the onion and serrano chiles until the onion is soft. Add the red curry paste and fry for three minutes or until the oil starts to separate around the edges.
2. Add the pork and stir-fry for two minutes. Now add the rice and stir and toss thoroughly until the rice is colored with the paste and heated through.
3. Make a hold in the center of the mixture and pour in the eggs, letting them set slightly, then mixing them evenly through the rice. Stir in the shrimp and sprinkle with fish sauce. Remove from the heat and transfer to a platter. Decorate with the garnish and serve.
Chili Fried Rice (Kao Pad Prik). To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.