- 1 lb. skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1-½– 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 4 large garlic cloves
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, packed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, (or fish sauce if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- additional soy sauce, or fish sauce, for topping
- cilantro, for garnish
This is a really quick cooking stir fry dish that is delicious and so easy to make. Tender chunks of chicken rubbed with a hearty dose of black pepper and then marinated in minced garlic, soy sauce, cilantro, a dash of sugar, and a pinch of chili powder. Cooking the chicken in a wok over high heat ensures lots of irresistible caramelized edges. This chicken is a flavor explosion and is excellent served over rice.
1. Cut chicken into cube sized pieces and set aside in a medium-sized bowl. Season the chicken with the black pepper, tossing everything together until it's combined well. Set aside.
2. Peel and mince the garlic. Finely chop the cilantro leaves. Add the garlic, cilantro leaves, soy sauce or fish sauce, sugar, and chili powder into the bowl with the chicken and mix well. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken pieces, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until cooked through. (I added a little soy sauce towards the end of cooking to help deglaze the pan).
4. Garnish the chicken with cilantro and serve over rice.
Chicken with Garlic and Black Pepper. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.