- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz. bacon, chopped
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, stems trimmed
- 1 cup dried figs, stemmed and quartered
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, or more to taste.
1. Put a large skillet over medium heat and add oil, then bacon. Turn heat to medium-high; cook, stirring occasionally, until it starts to crisp, 5 to 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, put sprouts through feed tube of a food processor equipped with a slicing attachment and shred. (You can also do this with a mandoline or a knife.)
3. Add sprouts, figs and 1/4 cup water to pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper, turn heat to medium-low, cover, and cook, undisturbed, until sprouts and figs are nearly tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. Uncover, turn heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, until any remaining water evaporates, another 5 to 10 minutes. Add vinegar, taste, adjust seasoning, and serve.
Recipe originally called for "4 to 8 ounces of bacon".
Side Dishes, Vegetable, Vegetable Dishes, Vegetables
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Figs. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.