- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 6 oz. mushrooms, halved lengthwise
- 14 oz. beets, peeled
- 2 tsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Dice the peeled beets into 3/4" cubes.
2. Put the oil in a medium pan and set over medium-high heat. When hot, put in the cumin and mustard seeds. As soon as the mustard seeds begin to pop, a matter of seconds, put in the mushrooms. Give the mushrooms a quick stir and put in the beets. Stir and fry the beets for 2 minutes. Now put in the ginger, garlic, and chile. Stir and fry, still on medium-high heat, for another 2 minutes. Now put in the tomato sauce, water, and the salt. Stir to mix and bring to a boil. Cover, turn the heat down to low, and cook gently for about 40 minutes, or until the beets are tender.
Indian, International Cuisine, Vegetarian Dishes
Beet and Mushroom Curry. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.