- 2-½ cups basil leaves, firmly packed
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ cup pine nuts, (or walnuts)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, (optional)
- salt, to taste
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Whirl the basil, garlic, nuts, parmesan cheese, and salt (about 1/2 tsp.) in a food processor until well mixed. Then add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream until a smooth paste is formed. Pack into glass jars and cover the sauce with a thin layer of olive oil to prevent it from discoloring.
Pasta, Italian, Vegetarian
Basil Pesto. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.