- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ lb unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 ½ lb cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon amaretto
- 2 oz. almond paste
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 1 ½ tsp. powdered sugar
1. Shell: In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, butter, and egg. Blend well with fingers, fork, or pastry blender. Form the dough into a ball, knead lightly with the heel of the hand against a smooth surface for a few seconds, then reform it into a ball. Wrap it in wax paper and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. When chilled, roll out the dough on a floured surface until 1/8 inch thick. Fit the dough into a 9-inch springform pan, pressing it 2 inches up the sides of the pan and crimping the edge decoratively. Prick the bottom of the shell with a fork and chill in the wax paper, fill it with uncooked rice or dried beans, and bake it in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the rice and wax paper and bake the shell for another 10 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and allow to cool for 30 minutes. Spread the apricot preserve on the bottom of the cooled shell and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and eggs until very smooth. Add the almond extract, Amaretto, and almond paste and continue to beat until smooth. Pour the mixture into the chilled pan and sprinkle the pine nuts on top of it. Place the cake in a preheated 325 degree oven and bake for 1-1/2 hours. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Carefully remove the sides of the spring form pan and transfer the cake to a serving dish. Sprinkle the top of the cake with the powdered sugar and serve.
NOTES : Equipment: 9-inch springform pan
Almond and Pine Nut Cheesecake. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.