- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- ½ cup ground almonds
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ lbs. cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup light cream
- 1 ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 ½ tsp powdered sugar
1. Crust: In a small mixing bowl, combine the vanilla wafer crumbs, chopped almonds, sugar, and butter. Blend well with fingers, fork, or pastry blender. Press or pat the mixture onto the bottom of a well-buttered 9-inch springform pan. Chill in the freezer or refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
2. Filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Slowly mix in the eggs. Add the light cream and almond extract and beat until smooth. Pour the mixture into the chilled pan. Place the springform pan inside of a larger pan containing 1 inch of water and bake in a preaheated 325 degree oven for 1-1/2 hours. Transfer the cake to a wire rack, letting it cool completely. Remove the sides of the springform pan and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Sprinkle the top of the cake with the powdered sugar before serving.
NOTES : Equipment: 9-inch springform pan, bain-marie pan
Almond Pastry Cheesecake. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.